Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Early start on Mother's Day Cards

I'm having a stamp camp this month and we're making Easter, Mother's Day and Father's Day cards. I am in love with the 5th Avenue Floral set and was just messing around and came up with this card.


I think it's simple and elegant. I used my Baja Breeze re-inker and a blender pen to color the petals of a flower that I stamped with black craft ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. Once the flower was dry it just looked a little flat to me, so I painted the colored petals with Angel Wings Shimmerz and added some stickles and I think it came out nice and sparkly.

The sentiment is from PTI's Women of Life set. Cardstock is Baja Breeze and the designer paper is from Green Tea (sadly retired).

Thanks so much for visiting!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Guest Designer for Kaboodle Doodles

4 comments:

Diane said...

Oh my,it's stunning Chris! Love the shimmer look,you did an amazing job as always!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh this is gorgeous Chris! I really love the touch of shimmer you added too, perfect!

jacque4u2c said...

I was thinking of my Mom today too! Great card!

Juanita said...

This is super, simple and classy.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....