Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

This week in Courtney's Closet

Here's our little cutie patootie Courtney modeling this week's spectacular outfit. Isn't she just adorable!


Here's the card I made inspired by her sweet outfit:


I didn't have the right colors in my dp stash, so I took a piece of black and white in a pattern that I wanted and scanned it in on the computer. I opened the file in my graphics editing software and changed up the colors to match the RGB codes for Tempting Turquoise and Chocolate Chip and like magic I had some dp from my printer to work with!
I wish I could get this printer to feed the heavier cardstock, but it just wouldn't cooperate today so I settled for plain copy paper and the colors are not as intense as I'd prefer. I might try switching up the colors tomorrow and playing with this again. We'll see.

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Guest Designer for Kaboodle Doodles

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaahhhhh, how sweet is she!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did an awesome job capturing her look. Love it!

Juanita said...

You are amazing! I would never think to alter my patterned paper. Everyday you do something here to amaze me!
The card turned out fabulous, btw.

Alex said...

Very very cute card!! Just love this!!! And, the colors are amazing - you really nailed the patterns too! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tammy said...

Wow... I am in awe of you! I love that you customized it! I have scanned fabrics because I wanted to print them as paper to use in my books or to match what the person was wearing in my photos!

Dianne Forst said...

Great Job on creating your own DP! I love how this turned out - and a wonderful way to get inspiration!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh cool...I will have to play too!

Diane said...

I love it as always! What a great color combo!

Libby Hickson said...

Love your card, that pattern is so fun! And I'm just in awe of you editing the paper on your computer like that!! Does it take a ton of ink to print it out, though? I've always wondered about the digital papers I'm seeing for sale everywhere these days!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....