Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Courtney's Closet and some Flower Cards

I had to make a card for Libby's Courtney's Closet challenge - take a look at this cutie and tell me you're not inspired!


Here's my card:

Image is from Pollycraft and the dp I created myself using a floral image from Bugaboo that I colored with my computer and used to create my own paper! Using the rgb codes for the appropriate SU colors, I got it to pretty closely match the Tempting Turquoise and Gable Green paper that I used. Fun stuff!

Here are a couple of flower cards I made after LeAnne sent me to this website and I spent some time gobbling up her delicious freebies!



The bottom card is another experiment with making my own designer paper. Fun stuff I tell you! This image is from Bugaboo too, colored and laid out on an 8 X 10 grid. The possibilities are endless!

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member - Catch the Bug
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Awwww! Adorable cards Chris!!

Jill said...

Oh my Chris these are so pretty and yes Courtney is an inspiration, what a cute little girl and doesn't she look a treat in that dress! Jill x

Allison Rankin said...

I love your take on Courtney's costume! Super creation of your own paper with one fun image! And those flower cards show off one pretty image...I am gonna have to go check it out!

Myrna said...

Chris
Adorable little girl!!!
Love your paper. So now I need to try and see if I can do that at a later date.
A little blurb from Pablo Picasso
seems appropriate. "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
Myrna

Libby Hickson said...

Chris all of your card are so pretty - the little fairy is adorable!! Thanks so much for playing this challenge, sorry it's taken me so long to say so! Trying to get back in the swing of it... again... :-)

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....