Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Seed Packet Card

Last Monday night, the girls and I were ogling a gorgeous card by Julie Masse and I decided to have a go at designing a seed packet graphic of my own. Here's the end result:



The coneflower is from Prairie Fairy and the hydrangea is a freebie from Nina (Crafting in Croatia). I found a seed packet graphic online and then edited out everything but the frame and corner flowers in my graphics program. I added text in a font I liked, converted the flower graphics to transparent gifs that I could layer on top and viola - a personalized seed packet. Fall River is the town where dh grew up, but I doubt that they have a seed company there - more of a mill town than a farming one. Julie has a link to an actual seed packet template and I'm going to try making a card and having an actual seed packet on the front instead of just a picture.

I'm really having lots of fun making my own custom graphics and digital sentiments. If you see anything here that you like that I've done and would like it, just drop me a line and I'll send you the file. I'll have another sentiment set available soon too!

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member
Sentimental Sundays
Catch the Bug
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

6 comments:

Alex said...

Gorgeous cards Chris, I love them!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Myrna said...

Chris
Lovely, just lovely.
Myrna

Faye said...

Totally fabby! xxx

Anonymous said...

Very crafty of you, Chris! These came out beautifully!

Diane said...

You did a fab job Chris!

raindropecho said...

Oooh CHRIS!! Love these both! The frame looks wonderful with these flowers - really loving what you did here! I may have to make some frames of my own after seeing these as inspiration. I hope you don't mind! They're absolutely fabulous!
- Ann

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....