Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Some Poppies!

Here are a couple of cards made with a wonderful freebie image from Birds Cards. If you have an hour or so and enjoy using digital images, you really should stop by her blog and check out what she has to offer - incredible stuff!



The first card features a sentiment from the talented Ann Vento (Raindrop Echo Designs) and a couple of butterflies punched with a MS punch. Card base is black with Real Red matting on the image. The second card features a sentiment created by yours truly and has a card base of Real Red with black and Kiwi Kiss accents. I colored the images with - you guessed it - re-inkers (Real Red and Kiwi Kiss) and an aqua-painter! I picked up some "toothy" cardstock yesterday and am experimenting with this method of coloring on it - I think it shows great promise and hopefully I'll have some cards to share soon.

I've added a couple of poppy pictures to the slideshow at the top of the blog and wind permitting I'll take a few more this afternoon as there looked to be many more blooms when I left this morning. There's also lots more iris blooming too!

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member
Sentimental Sundays
Catch the Bug
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

10 comments:

Stef H said...

this is stunning! i love it!

Lauren said...

This is adorable! I love the colors you chose! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Lauren

Myrna said...

Chris,
What can I say? but lovely, just lovely. It really reaches out and grabs you.
I always seem to think a person needs to mix up the colors but this is one great card, and makes me rethink my colors
Myrna

Dana said...

I love those poppies! Great image! And I can't believe you colored them with re-inkers...fantastic job!
Thanks for playing along with the TT!

Ceal said...

pretty card Chris thanks for joining us in our first Tuesday Throwdown challenge! Hope to see you back next week!

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

This is one gorgeous card and your coloring is outstanding! I'm so glad I came across your blog. Thank you so much for joining us for our first Tuesday Throwdown challenge and we hope to see you back next week.

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, great colouring of your image. Love bird's images. Anesha

Leah said...

Such a pretty card, love the red and white together, so striking! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown, hope to see you again:)

Davi said...

Very pretty. Love those poppies and the colors! Thanks for playing the Tuesday Throwdown. :)

Kim said...

The poppies are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....