Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sentimental Sundays Challenge

It's time for a new challenge over on the Sentimental Sundays Challenge blog. This week we are making get well cards and Ann has a great new freebie for you to download. Here's my card using a sentiment from one of Ann's sets:


I painted this image with re-inkers and an aqua-painter (my fave technique of the moment). Card base is Lemon Tart (PTI) with Tempting Turquoise (SU) punched with a MS punch. The sentiment is mounted on a piece of punched Island Oasis dp (SU). I stamped an image from In Full Bloom (one of my favorite SU sets now retired) and embossed it in white.

Be sure to stop over and check out all the great projects by the design team and while you're there pick up Ann's fantastic freebie sentiment set and make a card for our challenge.

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member
Sentimental Sundays
Catch the Bug
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

8 comments:

Kimberly S said...

Bright and cheery, a perfect Get Well Card Chris!! Pretty colors you chose to really make it lovely. :)

Ann English said...

Hmmm... reinkers? Beautiful work! I liked the way you used Martha's punch, too-different and stunning!

Myrna said...

Chris
This is really pretty. Neat trick with MS punches!!
Myrna

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a great take on this week's challenge, Chris! I love the way you coloured the image and beautiful finish with MS punch :)

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I love this cheery card. Great embossing and I love how you used the border punch.

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, really like the embossing and the fancy edge. Anesha

Alex said...

Beautiful card Chris, I love the colors! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

raindropecho said...

I love it, Chris! The way that you've added the border to only one corner gives it such a great asymmetry. Beautiful card :)

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....