Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More Lady Bugs

This card is another created with an image from Deedee's Digis. I'm a real sucker for lady bugs and I just love this image!



Card base is Old Olive, dp is some digi from pcCrafters and the ribbon is Kiwi Kiss from SU. The coloring was done with a combination of SU markers and re-inkers with an aqua-painter. I had not tried this watercolor technique before, but it's just as easy as using the watercolor crayons and you get nice bright colors too! The sun wasn't really cooperating this morning, but this card really is very bright and sunny irl. I'm thinking I need to build myself a light box - maybe a weekend project!

This weekend I'm also going to try to get my card stock situation under control. I found a nice 4 drawer file cabinet and just have to figure out where to put it! The stamps are almost organized enough now to start to catalog them by shelf too. Busy, busy, busy. Hey - it helps keep my mind off the fact that I'm flying solo for the next three or four months!

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member
Sentimental Sundays
Catch the Bug
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

8 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

Love your card and what a great image. I love humming birds which probably eat your lady bug friends sure hope not. Don't be lonely with DH gone, try and enjoy the time and make it all about you. Pat

Alex said...

Just stamp, girl, it will help to pass the time!!! LOVE your card, super cute images and the colors ROCK! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

LeAnne said...

So cute--I like lady bugs too. I WISH I could get organized....I am jealous!

Diane said...

Great card Chris!! I'm jealous too!
I kept my craftroom really clean after i had all my new stuff installed. But that sort of faded away after a couple of months.
As I'm looking at it now,I should get it tidied up a bit at least.
Nahhhh!! Maybe tomorrow!
Have a great rest of the week Chris,you're almost one week done!

Allison Rankin said...

Sweet...lovely coloring.

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable card, sweet image. anesha

Myrna said...

Chris,
This is an adorable card.
Like I said before, since I started looking at different blogs I have found so many "favorite" things. Lady bugs and flowers are another of my favorite things. lol
Myrna

Curt in Indy said...

Another fabulous card. Your technique debut turned out beautifully. This is a great image! Best,
Curt

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....